The Greenwood Unity CV2GIP extractor fan is a dMEV (decentralised Mechanical Extract Ventilation) continuously running extract fan that complies with System 3 in the Building Regulations. Revolving around a one product concept, it is one single unit which can be applied to all wet rooms including kitchen, bathroom, utility and WCs. With an ultra-low energy DC motor and mixed flow impellor, Unity CV2GIP assists in the delivery of Guaranteed Installed Performance onsite, now a fundamental part of Building Regulation compliance.
Unity’s outstanding energy performance and in-built SMART technology provides the best answers for today’s ventilation requirements in both new and refurbishment housing.
One fan, any room, all applications - CV2GIP can be applied to all wet rooms and removes the need for large ducting networks and high background ventilation requirements.
Benefits & Features:
- Using as little as 1.1 watts, Unity’s energy performance is ideal for directly reducingcarbon emissions in SAP.
- Ultra quiet running noise as low as 10dB on trickle speed
- CV2GIP's short 68mm spigot design makes it perfect for application in shallow ceiling voids.
- The unique 100% variable airflow feature offers peace of mind to Installers that Building.
- Regulation compliance can be easily achieved CV2GIP's SMART technology features, including automatic humidity sensing and a logical approach to overrun timing, help to reduce heat loss and energy wastage.
- The discreet and stylish design helps CV2GIP to blend in with its environment.
- The SMART touchpad located on the front panel removes the need for battling with fiddly switches, often located at the back of the fan CV2GIP offers ultra-quiet ventilation as low as 10dB(A) in low speed mode once installed.
- CV2GIP has a low energy EC motor, 9 registered design patents and a mixed flow backward curved impellor, increased performance, removing clogging as the rubber blade protectors attract dust.
What else should you know about Unity CV2GIP?
Performance, performance, performance!
The original dMEV solution, Unity CV2GIP has been designed to ensure Guaranteed Installed Performance is achieved for Building Regulation compliance and sign off. With 100% adjustability, Unity can be set at the point of installation, tested and signed off to the airflow rates set out in ADF:2010 without over or under ventilating, or adjusting itself once installed, which itself can cause nuisance noise. For dMEV the mixed flow impellor is ideal and good practice for retaining low energy consumption as continuous ventilation rates are low, e.g. 5 l/s up to 13 l/s, meaning that ducting resistance will cause minimal impact on performance.
To enable a simple on-site process and ensure GIP is easy to achieve, CV2GIP has been designed with the first ever SMART Pad which is located at the front of the unit. Once on-site, the installer simply sets up the unit by selecting the room type, trickle or boost speeds and then turning controls, such as humidity and timer, on. No more dip switches located at the back of the unit - a simpler, SMARTer and better way of assisting the delivery of Guaranteed Installed Performance and keeping installers happy.
Greenwood GIP product - 100% adjustability
Unity CV2GIP is a Greenwood GIP product - designed to assist in the delivery of Guaranteed Installed Performance easily. Using the innovative SMART pad, located at the front of the unit, installers simply select the room, e.g. kitchen or bathroom, and then, using the + and - buttons, can simply increase the speed of the fan in 1 l/s increments. With on-site testing now happening for regulation compliance, and walls and ceilings all having an impact on performance, the need for adjustability is crucial.
A SMARTer way of ensuring ventilation is delivered effectively to a home - using duration of occupancy to determine the length of time the fan overruns in boost mode rather than a pre-set generic time of, say, 15 minutes. In the bathroom for 10 minutes - overrun on boost speed for 10 minutes. A simple and logical approach to reducing nuisance noise, nuisance running and unnecessary heat loss, keeping energy performance as low as possible.
Discreet and very quiet running
With a circular design and finish, Unity CV2GIP has been designed to blend effortlessly with its background and will look fabulous with any bathroom or kitchen décor style. To support this, Unity CV2GIP has also been designed with very low running noise - as low as 10dB(A) on trickle speed.
Greenwood Unity CV2GIP installation instructions
Greenwood Unity CV2GIP user guide