The large size wedi building boards are particulary notable due to their extraordinary widths of 900mm and 1200mm. As a result they are not only ideal for use as free standing walls, they also reduce the number of joints thus simplify installtion enormouslty. The XL and XXL formats offer the same benefits as the standard wedi building boards and despite their size due to their low weights they are easy to handle.
Wedi building boards form the basis for all wedi system solutions. They are 100% waterproof, extremely robust and available in numerous designs. All of them can be cut to the desired size and shape without any loss of function or forfeiture of the guarantee and offer thermal insulation and waterproofing at the same time. Thanks to their versatility they make almost anything possible; from wall/floor cladding, through customised individual items and solutions such as a tailor-made washstand or partition walls for example, to the complete floor to ceiling system - a whole bathroom from a single source.
Bathrooms & Wet Rooms can be completely or partially renovated in a very short space of time with the watertight building board solutions from wedi. The base material also offers real added value, such as thermal insulation, lightweight construction or unlimited compatibility in the complete system.
The wedi building board consists of a blue core made from extruded polystyrene rigid foam that is reinforced with glass fibre (with alkali-resistant finish) on both sides and coated with a polymer-modified cement providing a smooth surface for plastering or laying tiles, slabs and natural stone coverings using the thin-bed mortar method.
The wedi building board is so much more than just an item of building material. It combines a number of impressive properties in one product.
It does not only provide protection against mould and fungus and fantastic insulation, but thanks to being 100% waterproof to the core and inert, it also offers sealing and decoupling at the same time, thus saves time, stress and money.
- The blue XPS core is 100% waterproof and still functions if it becomes damaged.
- abP* approved: wedi 610 seals joins between boards and makes them waterproof without the need to use any other products. As it is not necessary to use any other waterproofing materials, the tradesman benefits from increased security and a shorter application time.
- The cement-coated surface forms an incredibly strong base for adhesive thanks to the integrated fabric.
- All of wedi building board systems provide fantastic insulation, save energy costs and protect against mould for the long-term.
* abP (Allgemeines bauaufsichtliches Prüfzeugnis - German general building inspection certificate) for tile and board coverings, also in areas which bear heavy loads
The possibilities are endless when it comes to wall, floor not least because of the wide range of different thicknesses.
They can be applied to practically any type of substrate. Whether it's old tile coverings, adhesive or non-adhesive substrate, lush mounting onto existing plasterboard or dry lining. Thanks to the simplified processing, wedi building boards can handle all manner of challenges on the building site.
Height Width Thickness
2500 x 900 x 12.5mm - Surface 2.25m²
2500 x 900 x 20mm - Surface 2.25m²
2500 x 900 x 30mm - Surface 2.25m²
2500 x 900 x 50mm - Surface 2.25m²
Wedi Building Board Technical Data Sheet
Wedi Building Board Guidelines