Impey Waterguard floor & Wall membrane is the next generation of wetroom floor waterproofing systems. It provides a faster and easier method of tanking a leak-free wet floor and wall areas.
WaterGuard® features a new fleece membrane with a self adhesive butyl rubber backing, which is fast and easy to install. Impey WaterGuard Wall has a maximum wall load bearing of 30kg/m2.
WaterGuard provides the complete leak-proof sealing solution, at just 1mm thick WaterGuard is strong, flexible and versatile making tanking a wet room faster and easier. It comes with a lifetime guararntee*, so you can install with complete confidence.
Unlike many other systems Impey WaterGuard® can be tiled as soon as it has been fitted saving both installation time and cost.
*Lifetime of the replacement of tiles.
At a glance:
- Co-Polymer membrane with a butyl rubber backing creates a completely watertight barrier.
- Polypropylene surface provides a key for the tile adhesive.
- Can be used with epoxy grout and solvent based sealers for stone tiles.
- Pre made corners for faster and easier installation.
- Self adhesive and supplied on a roll for easy application.
- No curing time to enable faster installation.
- Highly elastic, resistant to ageing, complete watertight barrier.
- Only 1mm thick with superior de-coupling properties of 10mm.
- Impey WaterGuard Wall has a maximum wall load bearing of 30kg/m2.
- Fully compatible with 150w/m2 underfloor heating.
- Watertight Lifetime Guarantee (domestic use) if fitted in accordance with maufactures instructions.
Self adhesive on one side:
Waterguard has a butyl rubber adhesive on one side only and a co-polymer surface on the other. This makes installation much easier as the installer can work on the membrane without getting stuck.
Sealed, pre-formed internal and external corners reduce the likelihood of leaks. Eliminating the time consuming process of manually creating corners as with Tilesafe.
Superior waterproofing capabilities:
Tests have proven that Waterguard provides superior waterproofing capabilities to Tilesafe. The test was conducted with a 150mm head of water over a series of weeks. No leak from Waterguard.
Excellent crack bridging properties:
Tests have shown that Waterguard has superior lateral movement (5mm)
absorbtion properties caused by the shifting and drying of floors over time.
Not sensitive to chemicals:
Can be used with epoxy grout and solvent based sealers for stone tiles - unlike Tilesafe.
Supplied with a butyl sealant:
Part of the pack, so no need for the installer to purchase separately. Can also be used to repair small holes in the membrane, if damaged.
Guide lines for easy measurement:
Pre-printed grid lines provide an accurate guide when trimming the membrane.
Supplied with 150mm wide jointing tape:
Waterguard cannot be overlapped, so a jointing tape is supplied to create a watertight seal at any joints.
Kits available in 15m & 20m
Options to suit most bathroom sizes.
5m sq Impey WaterGuard® Floor Membrane
10m sq Impey WaterGuard® Wall Membrane
2 x 500ml BAL primer
15m jointing floor tape
10m jointing wall tape
5 x internal corners
1 x external corners
2 x Butyl sealant
Additional jointing tape, internal and external corners can be purchased seperatly if required.
Please note: IMPEY WATERGUARD is NOT compatible with the Wetrooms Online WetBase trays.
Impey Waterguard Installation - Floors
Impey WaterGuard Installation - Walls
Impey WaterGuard Data Sheet